Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Wyrms, Toks, and Vanqs.

I try and keep my entries fresh, but it is a hard thing to do. Some days are ordinary and I hunt with the same people at the same locals. There is usually something worth writing in one of those hunts. However, I do not want to make five entries on MI or KI, et cetra. Anyway, today I write about my experience at the Earth Wyrm caves on Gunga Island and Tok'han Lairs on Melabrion's Island.

From the sketch one can see the number of legendary exiles on the hunt. It was a serious hunt for me and required me to be on my best behavior. I do jest, but I try to keep it at a minimum on such hunts. It was my first time here and I reasoned that I was successful. I did not fall nor did any of the others.

Even though I lacked the required Atkus to hit Earth Wyrm's I managed to tag a good number of them through what others call Luck. I like to think somewhere in my Thoomish body is the locked power of the Mystics, and that when in need, I can summon that power to my aid. Yep, others call that luck... I call it skill.

Soon after we went deep into the Tok'han Lairs. It was here I realized the woes of the upper class. To get one vanquish required a collective effort and time that was painful for me to witness. In my current state I can pop out vanquishes by the handful and barrel-load with the right team and on almost any of the isles. I learned more and explored more. It was fun.

-Thoom!

No comments: